< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: Taxi blues

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Taxi blues

I've always had a high opinion of the public transport system in Singapore. Efficient and clean, reliable and accessible. It has never dissappointed me...up till yesterday!

Evidently, either something has changed in the taxi system since the last time I was here in April or I have changed- become more impatient or too reliant on my baby.

I spent the last hour futilely waiting for a cab at Wisma Atria. And the same thing happened yesterday night at Vivo City. OMG! What's happening in the Lion City?!! It isn't like there aren't any taxis around, but most that pulled in to the Taxi Waiting Stand had the annoyingly red "On Call" sign on. The booking lines were either busy or put me on hold for ages or refused to accept my Malaysian telephone number. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH...!!!!! The Spore taxis were still as spotless as ever and the drivers amicable though, something Malaysian taxi drivers really need to emulate!

Given a choice, I would have taken MRT but my hotel is not located near any MRT station. I hope their services are still as efficient!

I seriously miss my car and my room in KL! No place like home, huh?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, July 20, 2007, Blogger Janvier said...

You called for a taxi at what? Peak hour ar?

 
At 9:48 AM, July 24, 2007, Blogger N.J.A.P.F. said...

Dunno, is 10 pm peak hour??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home