< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: My Baby!

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My Baby!


It's late and I can't sleep as usual. Decided to write about something that is close to my heart...my BABY a.k.a my beloved 1.5 Proton Wira Aeroback...

It's just over two months since I got her. Dad officially handed over the keys to me on the 20th of May 2005. Never have I felt so much affection for an inanimate object before.I really love her! Perhaps it's because I've waited so long to get her or perhaps, because I took out all my savings to put down a downpayment for her with mum and dad making up the rest. Though it hasn't been long that I've had her, I can't imagine what I would do without my trusty little baby...

Gone are the days having to depend on erractic bus schedules, waiting by the roadside for ages while breathing in evil smelling exhaust fumes, putting up with sex-maniac/rude/innane taxi drivers and allocating at least one hour plus for a journey that would take a mere 15 minutes by car. Also, gone are the days when I would arrive at the office with a trickle of sweat down my back and feeling all hot and totally "unfresh" for a long day at work. And I can wear high-heels sandals, my favourite kind!!A bit bimbo-tic eh??? Not having to trudge from the LRT station to the office and up the hill from the bus stop to my apartment where wearing heels equals to sheer torture, on both heels and person.

Sure, expenses on pertrol, toll, and car maintenance has shot up too, but it's worth every single cent of it I say!Hehe...

Baby and I have gone quite a way. Been to KL city center, Kepong, Sunway, Cheras, basically the Klang Valley, drove from KL-Ipoh and Ipoh-KL as well...So smooth on the road, though like other automatic cars, the pickup is a bit slow.I'm not much of a car expert or enthusiatist...as long as it can take me to where I want to go safely and comfortably, is enough for me.

Unfortunately my baby is sick now...was involved in a car accident 2 weeks ago. Imagine my heartache despite it being a minor one. Carelessness on my part. Reversed into a wall at PJ Hilton after panicking when I attempted to make an illegal turning out to Jalan Barat ( I didn't realize it was illegal at that time!) and encountering two other cars who were turning in and an angry PJ Hilton guard...

Ouch...the damage dosen't look too bad from the picture, but I've gotten two quotes and both have told me that it will cost me a whopping RM 600 to fix it all- bumper, lights and re-spraying. I asked my parents to enquire in Ipoh and dad told me today that it would cost only half the amount in Ipoh. Don't know if that's true as the mechanics haven't seen the car...Mmmm...still deliberating what to do. Taking this in a positive light by telling myself, this is a lesson to be learnt- be less careless next time, and count my blessings that no other car or person was involved!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home