< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: Half-blood prince and Gym

Monday, July 25, 2005

Half-blood prince and Gym


The two subjects in the title have been what's been keeping me busy for the past week.

I finished Harry Potter in two days, reading from my trusty laptop in a PDF file format. *Hehe* Yup, I was lucky enough to get my hands on a 'fan pan' ie pirated version of Harry Potter from a friend, which at first, I wasn't even sure was a genuine reproduction of the original. Half way through the first chapter, I thought I recognized J.K. Rowling's style and half way through the third chapter, I decided, heck, even if it wasn't an original storyline of "Harry Potter and the Half-blood prince" it was a darn good imitation and deserved me reading it to the end. Turns out, it WAS the original version! I checked with my colleague who pre-booked and shelled out the required RM 99.90 to get it at MPH on the breathlessly awaited release date- July 16th.

Well, I found the book an enjoyable read with good laughs aplenty. However, the death of a pivotal character I found to be too tame, too easy, and I didn't really like what the ending hinted at- that Harry wasn't going to be returning to Hogwarts...hmmm..but I suppose it's up to Rowling to twist the storyline of Book 7 to any way she wants to...

I've been thinking of joining a gym or fitness class for a while now. And last weekend, checked out some places in Bangsar which is the nearest place to offer any fitness facilities near my place other than Fitness First at Menara Axis. Found two places in Bangsar- Yoga2Health and Lifestyle Health and Fitness which has a gym and classes. The lifestyle place called me up on Thursday telling me that they were offering me a 7 day trial of their facilities. So the next day after work, went to check it out. Their facilities are not bad, small but compact with the usual threadmills, step machines, bicycles, the machines where you climb steps and work your arms as well, a fair assortment of other machines for working out your biceps, triceps, butt muscles..etc..Found the weights area a bit cramped though and they didn't really have a good place for stretching exercises or sit ups on mats. The changing rooms were adequate. Of course, compared to FF, this is place is not as swanky. I haven't had the chance to join any classes yet but from what I've seen of the timetable, the timing isn't very good- imagine Pilates at 9.30 am on a Monday morning. I can just imagine my boss's face when I tell her the reason I'm late is that I had to attend a pilates class...

The staff at the gym were friendly but not intrusive, the other members seemed normal and down-to-earth enough. Nobody with super beautiful bodies in skin tight spandex that would make feel inferior to my very core...hehe...I think the place needs more evaluation. I've only used one of my seven free passes, so still have lots of time to decide whether or not to sign up for it.

Getting late, I need my beauty sleep...*yawn*


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home