< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: The beautiful game

Thursday, July 05, 2007

The beautiful game

I've never really understood why football legend extraordinare, Pele, called football "the beautiful game." A beautiful game, maybe, but The beautiful game?

Before footie fans out there start thinking of creative ways of skinning me alive, consider this: football players are usually male, sweaty and often, as the match progresses, end up with grass-stained and/or muddy socks, shorts and jerseys.


Football matches are exciting certainly, adrenaline-charged that's for sure. Penalty shootouts are nail-bitting, suspenseful affairs. But beautiful? Hmmm, I guess I'm just not a die-hard enough footie fan and will never understand. *shrugs*

To me, this is beautiful! Don't you agree?



Tennis is a beautiful game! Some of the players could pass off for drop-dead gorgeous pin-up models, like Maria Sharapova here. And they wear the most fantastic, sponsored sporting clothes, usually in white that somehow always remains as spotlessly pristine at the end of the game as when they first started.

I love the Nike tennis dress Maria is wearing here. It's unique as it has frills at the back of it that flutters in the breeze when she runs and a short, flouncy skirt! And if you look closely enough, you can see that the V-neck top of the dress also has some frilly details. Not too much for my taste, as well. Simply gorgeous!




Btw, what sparked off this post was the Wimbledon 4th round match between Venus Williams and Maria Sharapova that I just finished watching. Venus won 6-1, 6-3. Yeah, Maria lost, but she's still beautiful! Tennis is a beautiful game!

Pics by AP from Yahoo! Sport.

2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, July 06, 2007, Blogger Wandernut said...

I agree! I agree!
Tennis is beautiful!
And I *heart* Sharapova...
And Rafael *perky butt* Nadal.

Though right now I'm starting to like Mr Smiley-Face Djokovic alot! He's such a joy to watch on the court.

*swoon*

 
At 11:26 AM, July 09, 2007, Blogger N.J.A.P.F. said...

wandernut:Did you catch the finals yesterday?! Throughout the match, I couldn’t decide who I wanted to win more. The one who played with such enviable grace and strength (24 aces!!!) or the player with the admirable tenacity and was highly-skilled at net play?

In the end, I had mixed feelings- felt so happy for Federer and disappointed for Nadal at the same time, that he had come so close and yet, the championship slipped through his grasps again! Such amazing tennis, and such beautiful, beautiful players!

I *heart* Wimbledon! I *heart* Tennis!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home