< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: Faerytale Endings

Monday, July 02, 2007

Faerytale Endings


My mom presented me with these two pots of plants over the weekend in Ipoh. My mother is passionate about gardening and I'm quite used to her giving me this and that plant, which somehow always ends up shrivelled and dried in my care...

But an-nee-way, this week's plants were extra-special.

"Here, for your new place in KL. One for you and one for your housemate."

Then she grinned mischeviously- an expression that I rare see on her face and asked me,"Guess what the lady who sold me the plant said it's called?"

I was stumped. "Dunno-la." Then, I ventured lamely, "Err...some kinda Yam plant?"

"Nope!"

She gleefuly proceeded to inform me that the plant was called cheng-wa-wong-ji in Cantonese, ie The Frog Prince. Then she arched her eyebrows meaningfully and added, "Yeah, A Frog Prince each for both of you girls. Hope you'll find a real one soon."



On close-up, you can see the leaves have a smattering of spots and with some stretch of the imagination, does resemble a toad's skin, doncha think?

Yeah Ma, I want to kiss a Frog and watch it turn into a Prince too. Which girl dosen't?

But the cynical and realistic mood I'm in tells me that: Faerytale Endings belong in FairyLand, not BolehLand.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, July 03, 2007, Blogger Valen said...

You've already found your ching wa wang zi what... ;-)

 
At 11:14 AM, July 05, 2007, Blogger 3-Seconder said...

All frogs CAN turn to princes... don't give up hope. Though, the quest might takes some time. Hee!

 
At 10:53 AM, July 06, 2007, Blogger Wandernut said...

Frogs turn to princes...
And cynically speaking, it happens the other way round too. HAHAHAHAHA :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home