< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: The buzzwords in your life

Friday, April 13, 2007

The buzzwords in your life

I attended a funeral today and something the pastor said in his eulogy strucked a chord with me.

He said that there are many phases in one's life, each with different things we focus on: the moment you are born is the first phase where it's all about expedited physical growth eg, an infant can put on about half a pound in one month (extrapolating that equals to almost 5 kg in a year!). Next comes childhood where the keyword is "play", followed by adolescence which is all about learning and absorbing new experiences. Then, according to him, as young adults, one yearns to find someone to love and wants to be loved back.

Next comes [sucky] adulthood where the buzzword is "busy." Last but certainly not least, comes death, where you return to be with your Savior.

Any takers to guess which phase of life I'm currently in? If you haven't already guessed, It's the busy, busy, busy one!!

So many things I want to write down so I can remember them, but I lack the time to do it. The best way I can think of to do it is to list them down in snippets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had an extremely "memorable" birthday this year because it ended in a visit to a clinic. I experienced a fairly severe anaphylactic reaction from eating fish and mussels at Somerset Grill in Taman Tun. About 15 minutes after the meal, I felt extremely flushed and had a pounding headache all through the journey home which I thought might be attributed to tiredness. When I got out of the car, I felt nauseous and I saw white spots in my eyes, and would have had a blackout. Luckily I wasn't alone or driving at that time if not I might not be here to tell the story! Then, I noticed that my face was very flushed and arms were splotchy red. Immediately went to the nearest 24-hour clinic where the doctor made me swallow two tabs of prednisolone and two tabs of Piriton on the spot. Doc said the dizziness was due to blood vessels swelling in my brain! The external flushing didn't subside and spread to my neck, torso, even my feet and toes and lasted about 3 hours after I took the medication. It was an unforgettable night indeed and I couldn't sleep because the night was already hot (I don't have air con) and my flushing made it even hotter! I also had to catch a bus to Singapore the next day, which luckily was at 11 am and not a super early one.

Also, subsequently discovered the reason why I always received lilies on my birthday when I don't particularly like the flower. Ask me personally if you really want to know why!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went down to Singapore twice and watched the Phantom of the Opera twice in the span of two weeks. One personal and one sponsored. But I don't mind! Heehee. I love the songs! "Think of me, think of me fondly, when we've said goodbye. Remember me, once in a while, promise me you'll try." The lyrics are so, so good!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I learnt a whole bunch of new acronyms like CRF, TMF, LSC, ISM, COM, SUSAR. And many more I still can't remember off-hand. Sigh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm blogging this with my new laptop. It's a HP Compaq nc6400. Nice, if a bit heavy!

4 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, April 16, 2007, Blogger doggy said...

How's d feeling of watching phantom of the opera in Spore than in the UK? I choose not to watch it this time cos don wanna spoil the good memory of the 'oh so perfect' show back then in London. Do i miss anything?? I still hv a chance if decide to go now rite. :)

 
At 11:07 AM, April 17, 2007, Blogger 3-Seconder said...

haha! Man, you had the MOST memorable birthday experience!!! Question to ponder. Why didn't the doctor give you injection? Why was oral formulation given? Knowing for sure oral formulation takes about an hour to reach its peak effect, he should have given you IV straight mar! ;)

But whatever it is, i'm just SO glad that you turn out ok now. Muaks!

 
At 11:25 AM, April 17, 2007, Blogger N.J.A.P.F. said...

chuan chen: I never had the chance to watch Phantom in London so I wouldn't be able to compare. But the theatre at the Esplanade in Spore is very nice, as grand as the one in London, if much newer :) Definitely worth a watch!

3-seconder: Memorable indeed, but not very fun or birthday-ish. I'm glad there was no permanent damage too. Hehe.

 
At 5:02 PM, April 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is a small world, your friend Alvin Chan is a friend of my uni best mate!

Anyway, your journey, through reading The Oddity That is Us is nice indeed.

Also, is good to know that you are also into euroboardgaming. If possible, would like to join you sometimes.

Kin Seong

 

Post a Comment

<< Home