< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: Busy, busy, busy

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

Dearest friends and annonymous readers of my blog,

Hi, how have you all been? Sorry I haven't been updating for a bit. But I've been busy, busy, busy! Right after I came back from my CNY break till now, there has been no break for me! I'll explain a bit more on that later.

For me, CNY was the usual orgy of cookies, rich food, gambling, aunties trying to extract information from you about your personal dating habits and catching up with my cousins. All my "little" cousins are so big now! 19, 15 and 13 respectively. I remember all three of them as wee newborns! OMG, two of them are even taller than me now! In a few years time, I think we will be able to share a lot more personal stuff other than what nice new Disney animation there is to watch at the cinema or which latest Nintendo game is the coolest. (Note: Nintendo Wii tennis is really fun, maybe because I happen to be quite good at it. Haha. But a reminder: Don't forget your wrist straps! Accidents have happened!) I really look forward to when I can talk to my cousins about "grown up" stuff! Oh this CNY we had the greatest time playing Cranium! Haha, I love that game, because it showcases everyone's talents be it in drawing, general knowledge, acting or word play, plus it's heaps of fun! I also have two really little cousins that are so fun to play with and tease, aged 4 and 1 year old respectively. Haha, OMG, there's about twenty years age gap between me and them! I feel old! HELP!

Oh, exciting news on the 3rd day of CNY! On the same day,I found out that one of my close secondary school classmates is pregnant with her first child, and also, that my roommate in colleage is dating a fab guy who happens to be someone I've work with before. And, I was the one who introduced them! Haha, I'm no Cupid, but I'm really happy for both of my dearest girlfriends!

All in all, CNY was great fun, but I think it was much more festive when my grandfather was still around and we had the annual lion dance at his house along with the over-consumption of soft drinks and White Rabbit sweets with the "Garfield Gang"! I miss that!

Here are some pictures of this my CNY celebration this year:

Black Jack! I win! Must be the mandarin orange I used to keep my stash of money from flying away bringing me extra luck! Hee..


Festive cookies, uncles, aunties and a baby


Pig stomach for soup on 2nd day of CNY. Seriously. I thought of telling my relatives to "Have some guts!" but figured I'd better not. :)


"Loh Sang" for prosperity, longetivity, family togetherness and good luck

My 19-year old cousin's pet dwarf hamster, Zoe. The little furry critter is so cute! Warm and wriggly. Made me feel like going straight out and buy a hamster for myself...only thing is I'm afraid the little creature won't be able to endure neglect when I'm busy and forget to feed it or change the litter. So no hamster for me! :(

I beat the jam driving back to KL after CNY by leaving Ipoh at 7am! Hehe. A breeze driving home and I made it back to PJ by 9am. My last week at my ex-job was hectic, but none more so than usual. I think I've gotten numb to the work and just went about the motions like a robot. I'll sincerely miss all my friends at my old workplace. And they were so sweet. Treating me to a scrumptious farewell lunch at Victoria Station and cheese cake from Secret Recipe and presenting me with a Borders prepaid card. Thanks once again if any of you all are reading this!


"With best wishes" on the cake.They wanted to sing Auld Lang Syne but I'm glad they broke of half way into the first verse...Too emo and sad!

Celebrated my last day at my old job with mocha that not only tasted nice, but looked nice too at Bakerzin. Also had some amazing dessert thingy called a chocolate souffle with thyme ice cream! You've got to try it if you haven't already (and have a sweet tooth)! It's out of this world!

And then the Monday after my last day at my old job, it was off for training with my new company. I just got back from a one day trip to Johor yesterday, where I bumped into a certain citrus-y someone at the airport. ;) The 2 and 1/2 days intensive training was really information overload for me! My brain hurts with all the new information and skills I'll have to pick up in my new job! But it's also very, very exciting and interesting! I'm resolving to give it my best shot. As a colleague told me, if it dosen't work out, I can start over again. Not the end of the world.

So here I am today, sitting in Starbucks at the Curve, typing this on my laptop. I've been here over two hours with a venti soy latte and I've changed places once, snagging a nice spot with a comfy sofa from a middle-age uncle. There are many people at here at Starbucks and Borders, which leads me to wonder, don't people have to work anymore nowadays?!!! Or are jobs now becoming more and more flexible or these people are all happily between jobs, like me? Or better still, they don't need to work anymore?!

I'm glad that it was fairly easy for me to find a new job. I thank my parents for giving me a good education and insisting and not budging (despite my tears, tantrums) on many things that I resented then but understand now. Sometimes I think I'm becoming more and more like my parents although I've resolved countless times not to be. How leh??

Have some free time on hand before I become a nameless, faceless participant in the endless rat race again. I'd better make good use of it, I think. Shop around for a new digital camera, enroll in some yoga class, take up a photography class, learn absailing, take up cooking , take up scuba diving classes...(the last few are suggestions from a friend on MSN. Hehe) Or maybe I'll just be a bum. Professional bummer. Hmm, I like the sound of it! Think it'll do any good for my CV though? Heehee.

Alrighty. Will sign off this looooooooong entry here. Keep checking this site for more exciting updates!

Cheerio,

Me

p/s if there are any spelling or grammatical errors, forgive me. But, I'm not an editor anymore!! Haha...Just don't be a pest and point them out to me ;)

5 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, March 08, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

oooooooooooo

what job is it that lets you sit and blog from starbucks?!!

I WANT!!!

*hehe*

 
At 10:00 AM, March 09, 2007, Blogger Janvier said...

Fer, She's bumming so far la :D Wii thinks she'll have even less time to blog once she starts her new job.

Wii're thinking that you've put in a few errors in yer post on purpose then :D btw Borders has this book about some 100 things to do before you die or summat you could check it out.

 
At 12:05 PM, March 09, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

but she mentioned about started training already and being back from Johor?

*kaypoh!*

HaHA!!

hey, i joined FF already. you're still in klang? or ttdi?

 
At 1:30 PM, March 09, 2007, Blogger Janvier said...

Wii stays in TTDI now. Frequents FF The Curve mostly, although next week their changing their timetable so Wii also got to see how.

Go try the classes!

 
At 12:47 PM, March 10, 2007, Blogger N.J.A.P.F. said...

Jennifer: Drop me a line/msg on MSN and I'll fill you in enough to satisfy your curiosity. Hehe. Don't want to talk too much about work here, never know who might be reading. ;)

Janvier: My housemate has that book and I've browsed through it before. But it left no lasting impression on me. Maybe because the things to do didn't interest me much...=D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home