< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: When I grow up I want to be...

Sunday, March 25, 2007

When I grow up I want to be...

Remember those essays you wrote in school on what you want to be when you grow up?

I recall writing long essays about wanting to be a doctor and lawyer (because these are "respectable" professions and all kids of my generation at some point in their lifes must have "wanted" to grow up to be these or something equally as respectable- if boring). Funnily, I also remember telling my mom I wanted to be a librarian. Haha. Cause I loved to read and I thought that being surrounded by more books then I could ever imagine reading would be a dream come true.

How different things have turned out! Today, I'm neither a doctor, lawyer nor a librarian and thank God for that! =D

Since it's a rainy Sunday and I'm feeling whimsical, I thought I'd write about what I'd want to be today, if I ever have the chance.

Perhaps I'd like to become a scripwriter for Hollywood like Adele Lim. Her name ring a bell? Maybe because she used to write a weekly column for The Star's Youth 2. I always looked forward to reading her column when I was in school. She now writes scripts for TV series like One Tree Hill, John Doe and Las Vegas in Los Angeles! Wonder if they need writers with some medical knowledge for the scripts of Grey's Anatomy or ER? How cool it would be if I could write for them and see my name in the credits of series that I love and see people enjoying them and relating to the characters!

Maybe I could be a professional photographer and own a cool DSLR camera that I use with practiced ease. One with the amazing talent and skill capable of framing the quintessence of a moment in a single snapshot. And have my work displayed in classy art galleries in New York with VIPs and superstars clamouring to buy my fabulous framed photographs or have me photograph them at special events. Speaking about photos (fantasies aside), check out my Bali trip photos here, taken with my new PowerShot A710. =D

Or maybe a luxury travel magazine would pay me to visit and write about fantastic places in Europe, Japan, US and house me in 5-star hotels with all their luxurious ammenities to use at my disposal.

Or maybe, I should just find a filthy rich, good-looking Hollywood movie-director husband who loves me tons. So I wouldn't need to work at all and yet, be able to dabble in all of the above at my own leisure. Haha.

If you ask me now what I want to be when I grow up, I'd succinctly sum it up in a single word. Happy.

But can happiness be a state of concious choice? Because it'll be easy if it were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home