< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: Have you Blackle-d?

Friday, July 27, 2007

Have you Blackle-d?

"…If Google had a black screen, taking into account the huge number of page views, according to calculations, 750 mega watts/hour per year would be saved," was a theory posted on a blog in January 2007, according to Wiki.

Hence, Google presents Blackle- a black version of Google, with the exact same functions as the white version, but supposedly has lower energy consumption.


I don't really like the dark interface much and the name leaves much to be desired. I think I will retain Google as my IE startup page, but then again, I've never really been much of an environmentalist...


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home