< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: Drawing tables in the air

Friday, March 13, 2009

Drawing tables in the air

I helped someone today complete a task that was simple enough for me, but though for her mainly due to the technology barrier prevalent in her age group.

Seeing her eyes light up when it dawned on her which button to click to merge a cell, the sheer joy in her face and the sincere gratitude in her voice when she saw how colours could be added, really made my day.

I admire her tenacity, her initiative and her eagerness to learn. I marvel at her willingness to embrace something new and foreign, and I respect her perseverance and deligence at a task that to her was surely fairly monumental.

There should be more moments like these in the daily drudgery of life to stop me from sitting around whining and just getting on with living.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home