< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: Pushing my boundaries

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pushing my boundaries

You know that awful cramp in the side you sometimes get when you're running too fast? 

I was on the threadmill in the Gym on Monday pushing myself to burn those damned CNY pineapple tarts (they were delicious!) and after 15 minutes of full out running, I had a naggy pain in my side which usually would be the point where I reduced my running speed.

But that day, I was fuelled by the past weeks relative inactivity and calorie overload, and well-rested muscles to just keep on going on and on and on and to breathe in and out to get sufficient oxygen to my muscles, until at one point, I realized I didn't feel the burning pain anymore.

It made me reflect, that sometimes when you're really in pain and hurting badly, maybe what you need to do is to take a couple of deep breaths, pop some Panadol and keep your head above water and just keep on moving forward- until you reach the threshold of No More Pain.

But the only thing is, most of the time, you can't keep at it long enough. *sigh*

So I guess the fundemental issue is, how do you persevere when it hurts?

Note: OK, I started this post in Feb & just completed it today 18-Mar-2010. I've been such a lazy blogger of late. >.< *hangs head in shame*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home