< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: The Kite Runner

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Kite Runner


The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini is one of those wonderful books that whereupon reading the last page of the book, I immediately want to reread it and gush to everyone I know about how amazingly well written the book is. I wish I could write as beautifully as him!

I also just had to Google the author (who's actually a medical doctor by profession) as well as read Wikipedia entries on Afghanistan, where parts of the book was set. I think this is one of the most fun ways of learning about another country. We should have read more books like these in school.

Thanks LL for recommending and lending me the book! Let's watch the movie together if it comes to Malaysia, k? If not, lets get the DVD! ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home