< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: My "Hairscapades"

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My "Hairscapades"

When a girl wants to revamp her current look the easiest thing to change about her appearance is her hairstyle. Because cutting hair doesn’t hurt physically and comes with insurance (it grows back eventually!) it's easier to take the calculated risk compared so say, getting a nose or boob job.

But me, ever the late bloomer had a saloon-virgin head of crowning glory (virgin= undyed, unbleached, unpermed, unstraightened, untreated in a hair saloon) till I was 24. Then the urge for a different look rather than just long hair with short fringe, long hair with long fringe, long layered hair with either short or long fringe *yawn* became just too hard to ignore anymore.

So on a sudden brave rather out-of-character whim, I got highlights in a daring shade of red much to my mother’s displeasure and recrimination as some of you will remember. And just like that, hair virginity lost, I embarked on a hairy adventure and have never looked back since. (Chewah!! =D)

Next, I jumped onto the bandwagon (a little later than everyone else as usual) of the super straight, super sleek curtain look that had been oh-so in the rage for the past year. And stuck with it for a while.


And then one day I got bored of the flat, limp look and decided that short was the new long.

To be honest, having short hair is kinda cool.


Short hair air dries faster, is easier to comb, your shampoo and conditioner lasts longer, you shed less hair all over your bed and all over your house, it's low-maintenance (except for the constant need for trimming) and your head feels lighter and "airier."

But that being said, short hair equals to no flipping of hair across the shoulder, no twirly action with the finger thing that they tell you is so flirty and attractive in fashion magazines and no hair gently blowing in the breeze...:(

But who needs all that? Right?

And even if one day I decide I do, hair grows back! *phew*

Haha, anyway, this is my latest Victoria Beckham-inspired bob hairstyle. I got bored of my previous crop. Was thinking of going back to having long hair but many people told me that short hair suits me.



So what’s next? Perm maybe cause it's something I've never tried yet because I worry I will look too aunty.

Maybe in 5 years time...

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, October 10, 2007, Blogger 3-Seconder said...

YOU LOOK GREAT! okay lar, though i can't see you face here, but i can IMAGINE this hair cut is SO YOU!!!

ahhahahaa!

See, i'm silly again. What's new!?

Try perm, it's not permanent too. IF u do severely not like the perm head, there's always STRAIGHTENING... like what i did :P

 
At 2:22 PM, October 10, 2007, Blogger Janvier said...

Or curls? :P Will look so salah come to think of it, heh heh. Must show us new look one day!

 
At 5:25 PM, October 10, 2007, Blogger Valen said...

If you want to perm, wait till your hair is much much longer. So if anything goes wrong, you can still tie your hair up. :)

 
At 2:25 AM, October 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice hair! *hee!*

FeR

 
At 8:48 AM, October 11, 2007, Blogger David The Man said...

I love mushroom-shaped hairstyle... yours can potentially be like that... loved it!!! cute!

 
At 10:07 AM, October 11, 2007, Blogger Pr3tty* Knitty~ said...

Looks good! But I think you can go BOBBER! haha, mean more BOB! I have at least 3 friends but this BoB hairstyle and they look fantastic! =)

 
At 11:32 AM, October 11, 2007, Blogger colin said...

Looking good :) Thanks for dropping by my blog...am really looking fwd to Tioman :) Do u dive? Beach/sea-lover perhaps? :)

 
At 12:25 PM, October 11, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

so its a new cut. cool! suits you a lot. sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. *winks*

 
At 2:52 PM, October 11, 2007, Blogger N.J.A.P.F. said...

3-seconder: Perm and straighten ar..hair rosak how? But maybe can think of getting temporary perm when hair is longer!

janvier: Let's have boardgames again soon...when you free?

valen: Yes, now hair too short! Good suggestion! Heehee

FeR: Thanks! Wah, in SF also check my blog! *kum tong* Go out and have fun la!

david the man: So mine is not 'mushroom' enough eh? Heh heh.

Pr3tty* Knitty~: Evidently, the BOB sytle is IN currently! =D When you coming back from the States? Let's meet up!

NaCl: I've only tried snorkelling before, but I really want to try diving! Have fun in Tioman!

Rachieee: Thankiu!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home