< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: Highlights of my week

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Highlights of my week

Saturday 4/2/06
Drove back from Ipoh at 6am to beat the jam so had to wake at 5am. Strategy was successful. Smooth drive all the way. It was my dad's idea to leave that early, btw. As most of my friends know, I am so not a morning person. *grumble grumble* Realized I left my KL apartment keys in Ipoh due to an unfortunate series of events.

Sunday 5/2/06
Slept late. Woke up had brunch and dilly dallied going to the locksmith. Finally at about 3pm, forced myself to drive out. First locksmith I went to near my apartment was out for afternoon prayers. The next 4 I went to (1 more near my house, 1 in Amcorp Mall and 2 in PJ States) were still closed due to CNY. *sigh* Finally found one open, of all places, in front of my office. Ironically, when I drove back, I noticed the locksmith who was out for prayers was back! Talk about a wild goose chase. Yoga later on calmed me down though I still failed at the headstand. Kept toppling over much to my instructor's amusement.

Monday 6/2/06
First day back at work from CNY hols. Sluggish from CNY food and late nights. Demotivated and lethargic. A dull headache throbbed the whole day especially with all the piled-up editing and e-mails that threatened to bury me alive. I survived only with caffein's help.

Caffein to the rescue! What would I do without it??


Tuesday 7/2/06
Got stuck in the terrible morning jam on Federal Highway for an appointment at SJMC. Headache throbbed persistently. A journey that would usually take 20 minutes morphed to a 1 hour 45 minute whopper jam. Grrr...welcome back to KL everyone!! Needless to say, I arrived late at my appointment.

On a positive note, it was an interesting interview on medical blogging. Had a craving for IKEA's Swedish meatballs the whole day (after seeing pictures on Shaolin Tiger's blog) which I happily satisfied after work. Hee hee..Yum. =D

Tender meatballs in warm, tasty gravy. Fantastic with the jam. Mmm...

Oh and memorable MSN conversations at night!

Wednesday 8/2/06
Another dreary day. Post-CNY lethargy, demotivation and persistent headache made me wish I could afford to fake an MC. Multiple shots of caffein, MSN conversations and friendly e-mails were my saviors. Locum at night was tiring as well. Two staff had just quit which left me with much more to do. No time for me to do my usual reading.

Thursday 9/2/06
I realized my headache abates with caffein and wisely took a shot in the morning. A productive day by the week's standards. Perhaps my system was finally getting back into sync with work. Had another shot of caffein after lunch (green tea). Worked late and had dinner at A&W consisting of waffles, curly fries and rootbeer. So much for detoxing after CNY!

Friday 10/2/06
Woke up super early for my US visa interview at 10 am at the US embassy in Jalan Ampang. Worried I would be ensnared in another massive jam and left my house at 7.15 am sharp. =D Waited for two hours for the interview which itself took less than 5 minutes and was conducted through a cubicle-like counter with glass windows between me and the interviewer. And I have to go back on Monday ONLY between 2 to 3 pm, no earlier and no later, to collect my visa. Grrr...what a hassel!!

Arrived in the office at 1.30 pm and proceeded to work exceedingly hard fuelled by caffein and caffein alone and managed to complete my work for the day by 5.30 pm. Then off to locum which was surprisingly lepak! Watched Jet Li's Fearless later in the night and I'm glad I was convinced to go because it was surprisingly good. I liked it. =D

Saturday 11/2/06
Finally had the luxury to wake up at 11.30 am. Proceeded to clean my room and the bathroom. Cooked a lunch of brocolli and tofu. It tasted terrible. Ha ha, even I have to admit that. Healthy food had never tasted so bad. Must be my cooking!!

Then headed out for a bonding session with the girls. We planned to try a nail saloon at Taman Desa and be done by 3.30 pm to meet up with a mutual friend in Bangsar. Haha, by the time we were done with our pedicures, it was 5.15 pm and by the time we arrived at Bangsar Village and found a parking at that congested place, it was 5.45pm. Poor guy had to wait 2 hours plus. We're sorry. Really. How were we to know that that place only had one manicurist/pedicurist for the 3 of us?

But I like my nails! Hee..see, the big toes even have tiny flowers stuck on to it at the sides. So pretty. *giggle* Haha.

All in all, it's been a tiring week of ups, downs, a persistent headache and caffein overloads.

I'm so glad that tomorrow is Sunday so I can err...rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home