< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: The New Year

Sunday, January 01, 2006

The New Year


I spent most of today baking. It was tiring, but it was fun.

Baking cookies is something that I haven't done for quite a long while. I think the last time I baked cookies was last CNY. I took the opportunity during this long 4-day New Year's weekend at home in Ipoh, to help my mum test out a choc chip cookie recipe. She was delighted to enlist my help since I'm seldom home for a period longer than 2 days at a time.

So for those of you receiving cookies from me, CONGRATS! You all have been shortlisted from a rather significant pool of people to be on an elite list of guinea pigs official cookie-testers! Aren't you all sooooooo honoured? Haha.

The main cookie making process was something like this:

First there was the mixing of all the yummy ingreedients (eggs, brown and white castor sugar, flour, choc chips, chopped almonds) using a machine...

Giving the cookie dough a final few stirs by hand...


Next, came the "dropping" of the cookie dough on the baking trays. The process was more like shaping the cookies with spoons. My mum (her hands) posing for me to take a pix.



The uncooked dough tastes great, btw. Yes, I am guilty of eating raw cookie dough. It's a childhood habit that I never really grew out of. ^_^


Next came the baking...

And then the cooling of cookies on wire racks.

And the cutting of the wrappers, the wrapping, tying of ribbons, cutting out cards and writing personal messages.

And finally, the finished packages!

Hope everyone enjoyed eating the cookies, just as I enjoyed making (and eating) them...

I'm the Cookie Monster! *snarfle snarfle snarfle*

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone and here's to a great year ahead!

2 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, January 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

COookies!!! but i still haven't bite on them yet!!! Will be opening the package NOW!!!! Cookies!!! and yah did i thank you for it? maybe i didn't due to the excessive samurai sword fights on the dinner table haha....if i didn't then lettme say it !!
THANK YOU!!! and Happy New Year to you too!!!

 
At 11:41 AM, January 04, 2006, Blogger Andrew said...

"The cookies were great!", squeaked the little elite guinea pig, munching on cookie crumbs.

"It's hard enough being a guinea pig.. but elitism is just too much to handle without cookies!"

When can we expect some more? Hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home