< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: Indulgences

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Indulgences

It was a weekend of indulgences...

Friday night after work was spent with friends at Chillis MidValley. Six of us, just the correct number for a comfy booth at Chillis. We ordered only 3 main entries and shared among the 6 of us- salad, pasta and a mixed platter of finger food. Despite that, all of us had our fair share! The highlight was the dessert- Hi and Mighty Pie! And hi and mighty it definitely was...

Calorie-laden, utterly sinful dessert

4 inches of ice cream piled wedge-shaped (we were all wondering how they managed to do that and concluded that they probably had a mould or something) on top of a an inch thick crumbled Oreo cookie base and topped with a lattice of chocolate and caramel sauce! Mmmm...pure, sinful indulgence in every bite! Stuffed as we were from the main courses, the 6 of us still managed to polish off the dessert.

It seemed only fitting that after dinner, we proceeded to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I enjoyed the show, it was quirky and funny just like the book and really made me laugh. There was also literal eye candy with molten chocolate streams and a colourful candy wonderland where sweets grow on trees. The stuff that chocolate lovers (like me) dream of!

Where grass, branches, flowers are all edible!

Brought back my childhood memories of the old movie- the 1971 adaptation of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and Roald Dahl books. Ah, the nostalgia...he he...

Saturday saw me shopping at One Utama. I had a colleague's BBQ to attend later at night at Mutiara Damansara and decided to do a bit of shopping before it since I was going to be in the vicinity anyway.

I enjoyed walking around, taking my own sweet time, browsing, comparing prices, being my fickle self, trying on same patterns in different shades, before deciding on what I really wanted to buy. Ended up with 5 items and my bank account a lot poorer.

My haul from shopping

Bought a pair of shorts from DP, a turquoise sleeveless blouse (which was on 50 percent discount!!) and jeans bag from TopShop, a sleeveless black polo-T and trackpants from Wh- where "Everyone is Beautiful." Spent about 4 and the half hours, which is pretty fast for me considering the number of items I purchased! He he, anyway, retail therapy really did make me feel much better and lifted my spirits a bit. So it's money worth spent I say! =D

Sunday, I woke late at about noon. Had a leisurely breakfast cum lunch while reading the newspapers and watching highlights of West End musicals on DVD- performances from Miss Saigon, Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, Cats, My Fair Lady... followed by re-runs of Desperate Housewives. Just a lazy, indulgent Sunday afternoon. What was missing was just fresh raisin scones, lightly dusted with icing sugar, with real cream and fresh strawberries for tea! Sighh...

Mmm..typical English tea...I miss Glasgow!

Going out later for dinner with some friends for a catch up and farewell of sorts. A friend is leaving to work overseas and don't know when will be the next time we will be meeting up again. At someone's wedding perhaps?

Despite a relaxing wekeend, I still don't feel recharged for the week ahead...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home