< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: Kick-A$$ Butt!

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Kick-A$$ Butt!

It's one of those days again when you feel physically tired but your mind is ever so active. I actually switched off my laptop at a reasonably early time for me at 12.30 midnight and plonked on my bed (although with my lights still on) and tried to go to sleep. Evidently, -as I'm here blogging- I was unsuccesful in drifting off to dreamland.

Am online now and chatting to my colleague and Jacz in Glasgow! Blogging at the same time. Oh, won't you just check out my baby's superb better-than-ever-kick-ass rear view? Hehehe..yup, got her fixed when I went back to Ipoh. It's almost half the price back in good old Ipoh compared to KL! Imagine that! Either the workshops I got quotations from in PJ and Setapak were really out to cheat me or fixing cars in Ipoh is really that much cheaper...My baby is whole again! So happy!

Oh a funny incident to share- I thought there was something wrong with my car radio ever since I sent my car to the workshop to be fixed. I couldn't seem to hear any radio stations clearly. Even at 92.9, Hitz Fm had a fuzzy, background noise that totally irritated me!

I had this nagging suspicion at the back of my mind that maybe, just maybe, the "stupid" mechanics actually cheated and changed my radio/speakers or did something to it causing me to have poor reception. Hehe, silly or what? I didn't think until this morning to check the arial. And lo and behold, the arial had been tucked in nicely probably by the mechanics when they were spraying my car, they meant well, I know.

I pulled the arial to its full lenght and since then, have been enjoying crystal clear music quality. Figures, took me 2 days to discover that. In my defense, somewhere in the recesses of my mind, I must have realized that the first thing to do when you have poor reception on a radio is to check the arial, but was pretty pre-occupied these few days and always in a rush to work (finding it really hard to wake up lately) and too tired when coming back from work to really trouble shoot what was causing my radio to act up. Hehehe...

Will be going to Langkawi on Friday night for work. Staying the weekend. It's some sort like a favour for my colleagues as it's a project job that I won't be writing up. Just going to get the recording done and establishing contact with the speakers on behalf of my colleagues. Having mixed feelings about this trip. First of all, it's going to be a twin sharing room. Ughh...Cheapo pharma company can't even give single rooms. Also, it's going to be two whole days alone at a beach resort. Yeah, at least it's a beautful and luxurious one from what I've heard.

Hmm, to look at it positively, I don't have any plans this weekend, and maybe I'll meet someone interesting at Langkawi? *grin* And even if I don't at least I'll have a change of environment even if I spend it doing nothing more than just re-reading Goblet of Fire in the shade of gently swaying coconut tress with a beautfiul view of the ocean in front of me. Hmmm...this trip is starting to look more enticing suddenly even if it's just self-console...=)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home