< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: My new Pilates class

Sunday, March 16, 2008

My new Pilates class


I attended my first ever Pilates class today and survived it!

Hahaha, I think I'm just relieved that most of the students were just ordinary people and not models with sculpted abs who could perform all the poses in flawless, picture-perfect motions.

The instructor (a really toned lady with an upbeat, drill-sergeant-like voice) had us perform a series of poses, one of which is pictured above. It's not as easy as it appears and uses an incredible amount of abdominal muscle strength! A lot of the exercises used a lot of abdominal muscles and arm muscles. Though I could not perform all the exercises perfectly, I thought it was a good body workout and I liked it. The instructor was quite good as well, demanding yet friendly. She could hold all her poses pefectly, while instructing us at the same time!

She did tell us we all needed to try harder since what we are learning are just basic poses that had to be mastered before we could proceed to intermediate or advanced poses. I personally thought it was kinda difficult to try any harder when all your belly muscles were screaming bloody murder from pain. But perhaps, this is where you have to learn to control your mind over matter, which according to Wiki is the central aim of Pilates. Nevertheless, no regrets in signing up for this self-inflicted torture class.

Lest I expire, in the least it could be engraved: Herein lies a person who Always Gave Their Best.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, March 20, 2008, Blogger FeR said...

where where your class? i need personal classes lah...FF too big...no personal attention.

 
At 1:22 AM, March 22, 2008, Blogger N.J.A.P.F. said...

It's very near my apartment..very convenient, but have you moved yet??

 
At 11:24 PM, March 23, 2008, Blogger FeR said...

hmm...dunno yet ler. i'm going to probably cancel FF...

then dunno if i'm staying or going. GARGH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home