< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: Reconnected

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Reconnected

MY LAPTOP IS BACK IN ACTION!!!!!!!

I'm so happy! I missed being connected to the Net and MSN almost all of my waking hours. I'd be doing something at home after work and during the weekends, and came across something I wanted to look up info on eg, regular stuff like song titles, movie reviews, restaurant telephone numer...but no WWW to Google it or look it up on Wikipedia or friend to MSN for! The agony! It's like I lost an arm or leg. Haha. Okay, I'm exaggerating. Oh, also missed my laptop cause I couldn't work from home during weekends or at night. Yeah, sure...anyway...

Much thanks to the friend who recommended me to try out Pineapple Computers, an IT chain store with branches in Section 14, Sri Hartamas, Bangsar and One Utama. The new 40G hard disk and service charge cost me about RM 450. Quite steep, eh? But have to admit, their service, at least in the Section 14 branch, was excellent. The staff were professional, helpful, prompt and knowlegable. Also spoke excellent English. What a contrast from the shop at the IT Zone in MidValley. With Pineapple Computer's many branches, It's a convenient place to get your IT solutions. Prices might be cheaper in Low Yatt and KL, I'm not sure. But being the lazy person that I am, I'd rather pay a bit more for convenience and good service. Also noticed that the old Metrojaya in Section 14 is now a Digital Mall. I didn't go in but the name of the place sounds promising, like a place where you can get a vast seletion of cheap IT stuff, best of all, right in the heart of PJ

So what have I been up to? Nothing earth-shattering. I read some books. The Ender quartet by Orson Scott Card, Dan Brown's Angels and Demons, some Agatha Christie plays. Watched some movies, Lake House (so-so,even with drop dead gorgeous Keanu Reeves), Click (EXCELLENT, IMHO. Reasons: Funny, poignant, touching, set in NY city, Adam Sandler) Hehe. Must watch-la! I thought it was going to be a light-hearted bordering on slapstick comedy, but it turned out to be so much more. Any movie that can make me teary has got to be good! The last such one was Tim Burton's
Big Fish. Click is one of those wonderfully realistic takes on family and moral values. An overall feel-good movie with substance, which is, among my favourite genre of movies to watch. I give it a 10 out of 10!

Uh-oh, better stop raving about it. Want you all to enjoy the movie. I've realized that having too high expectations of a movie rather spoils it for you. Watch it with an open mind and I hope you'll like it as much as I did.

Keep track of this space for more frequent updates. =)

3 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, August 14, 2006, Blogger Aaron said...

was told that the digital mall owners are the same as low yat. Pineapple people complaining saying will affect their business...price wars sure gurantee one!! and the pineapple in jaya has been there for ages..bought my all first computer games from there...brings back memories....CGA,VGA screen remember?

 
At 12:58 AM, August 15, 2006, Blogger Janvier said...

I'm reading an advert.

Diskette games (both in 5.25 and 3.25mm) selling on average RM10 per game with anywhere between 1-3 disks with photocopy manuals. And that Pineapple store in Jaya was a maze with shelvefuls stocked. Now...

Hooray for fixed laptop.

 
At 12:33 AM, August 25, 2006, Blogger N.J.A.P.F. said...

aaron: Now only you tell me!

janvier: Ya hoh, free advertising! Hehe, but not like that many people read my blog anyway, so not much benefit to them...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home