< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: 'Ong' ar??? %&@#!!!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

'Ong' ar??? %&@#!!!

Ha! I spotted the empty parking slot and grinned gleefully to myself.

"So lucky, usually super long only can find parking!" I thought to myself as I flicked my left indicator and swerved smoothly into the slot near TMC in Bangsar, opposite the road from Bangar Village.

I looked at my car's clock. 6.56 pm. 4 minutes early to meet my friend. Right on time, I thought as I locked my car and walked to the designated meeting place: outside Outback Steakhouse.

My friend wasn't there yet so I had time to play with my new toy: my new Samsung D600 handphone! I've been debating for about forever which phone to get since my Nokia 8310 a.k.a THE "class phone" (since it was the most popular phone in our IMU class in Strathclyde in 2002) fell into a public toilet bowl last, last CNY.

Just yesterday, I finally decided on D600! Hee hee. Look at the clarity of pictures!!

Pasar malam at Bangsar

Same scene but shot in sepia mode

After a very satisfying dinner, catch up and browsing at the pasar malam stalls, we decided to head home and I walked to where I had parked my car earlier.

I was just thinking to myself "Should I buy some soya bean milk?" and humming Oasis's Don't Look Back in Anger happily under my breath when I saw my car...

Splattered, literally, from head to toe in bird droppings! On the windscreen. Bonnet. Roof. Side windows. Rear windows. Booth. My beloved baby, smeared with gooey white stuff, that had small flecks of grainy yellowish stuff mixed into it for good measure.

Instinctively, I looked at both cars next to mine, and both were, ironically, spotless! Gah!

For a minute, all I could do was walk around the car to survey the damage in horror, which was a stupid thing to do in retrospect, considering the hazardous situation. In dismay, I grabbed a wad of tissues and started wiping of the bird droppings as best as I could. Some was already rather dry and I had to resort to scraping. And this wasn't the usual one or two mini droppings. This was big time, bird shite diarrhoea!

Can you imagine semi-dried droppings, mixed with dirt (from my more-than-one-month unwashed car) smeared with tissue paper? If you haven't, trust me, it isn't a pretty sight.

I drove back in semi-despair. And I felt paranoid that everyone was staring at my dirty car and secretly sniggering at my bad luck. Arriving at my apartment, I drove straight to the designated car wash area. It was 9.35 pm.

Rushing up to my house to grab a rag, I rushed down and started hosing down my car, at 9.45 pm at night. Oh but that's not the end of my harrowing night. In the midst of my washing, a security guard walked past.

"Malam-malam cuci kereta?"

"Ya," I replied curtly.

"Park mana, kena banyak tahi burung?"

"Bangsar" Gah, what is your problem?

"Oh, hahahaha, tak pa, 'ong' (hokkien for lucky) la tu...hahaha"

-_- And he had the guts to laugh in my face.

So did everyone else who I told this incident to, for that matter. Some even asked me "Why didn't you take some pictures of you car with your new camera phone??!!"

Actually, it does seem quite comical as I'm writing this.

Hahaha.

Moral of the story: Always look up before you park anywhere, especially in spots that seem too good to be true. Oh, but make sure you close your mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home