< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: New York, New York!

Monday, February 27, 2006

New York, New York!

When I think New York, I think Sex and the City, Empire State Building, big yellow taxis with rude drivers and Saks 5th Avenue.

Only because I am planning a visit there (extending my stay after a working trip to Atlanta) did I realized that Manhattan is actually an island and is a sprawling, confusing mass of different sections. Downtown, midtown, upper east side, lower east side, upper west side...with "boroughs" ie, kampungs/outskirts like Queens and Brooklyn located on the mainland.

Now I understand why Miranda (from Sex and the City) was so reluctant to move to Brooklyn despite the cheaper rents, a quieter lifestyle and more room for their family. It's something like 20 subway stops and at least 3 subway changes (my estimate) into central Manhattan where the party is!!

The different sections of New York City

NYC subway tracks, look to me like multi-colored snakes!

I can't wait to go! I just hope I don't get too lost in the big, big city! Now's that's scary, and yet, at the same time exciting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home