< SCRIPT language="JavaScript"> < !-- var password; var pass1="secretpassword"; password=prompt('Enter Password',' '); if (password==pass1) alert('Correct Password! Click OK to Enter!'); else { window.location="http://njapf.blogspot.com/"; } //--> < /SCRIPT> Not Just Another Pretty Face: Absolut® everything!!

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Absolut® everything!!


Today was a day of Absolutes.

Boss was back in action fresh from a holiday that no one seemed to know about. As expected, it was an Absolutely hectic and tiring day for me.

After lunch my crazy colleagues suggested a post-lunch “drink.” A colleague had brought back a bottle of Absolut Vodka® from Stockholm, Sweden where she attended the ESC conference. So happily, we mixed up some Absolut® Pineapple in the office pantry. The drink was quite good actually. The saccharine sweetness of the juice complemented the alcohol perfectly.

Vodka from Sweden, Juice from 7-eleven opposite my office

But unfortunately, drinking it made me Absolutely sleepy. Alcohol drowsiness combined with my usual afternoon slump in energy is a killer, I tell you. I could barely keep my eyes open. On top of that, had a throbbing headache. And I just had the hardest time concentrating on what the speaker was saying on the MD I was transcribing. And he just HAD to be the kind of speaker that likes to mumble to himself…%&*@#!!!

Afternoons aren’t the most sensible time to drink alcohol I know, but what to do, we couldn’t very well drink after work as we all needed to drive. So, after lunch was the Absolutely logical time to have a drink.

I don’t think I even had that much to drink. Hmm…perhaps my sleepiness is just an Absolute allergic reaction/side effect to my boss. Haha, she makes me sleepy and tired…cause the past two days when she wasn’t around, I was alert and efficient.

I really couldn't take the drowsiness anymore and drove back after work to take a nap before meeting some friends for dinner. Usually, I would just go from work to beat the mad after-work rush. But the pleasure I derived from that 45 minutes nap made braving the Federal jam Absolutely worth it!!

I stumbled upon this picure while looking for pictures for my blog... Isn't Jason Lewis (Smith Jerrod) of Sex and the City fame a hunk?


ABSOLUT-LY!! One hundred percent!

Some interesting Sex and the City trivia:

The Absolut® Hunk (a drink which the actresses sipped on the set in the epidose where Smith made his acting breakthrough with the very same ad as above) has now become a real life drink phenomenon and ordered in bars all over Manhattan, NYC.

Absolut® Hunk recipe:

Ingredients

4 Parts Absolut Vanilla®

1 Part simple syrup

1 Part fresh lime juice

A splash of pineapple juice

Directions

Pour Absolut Vanilla® over ice in a shaker. [Create simple syrup by mixing equal parts water and sugar together and stand mixture aside until it has dissolved into a simple syrup]

Add simple syrup, fresh lime juice and a splash of pineapple juice.

Strain and serve in chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lime.

2 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, September 17, 2005, Blogger Janvier said...

Jaw drops...at the fact that you're drinking during work! Lor!

 
At 10:49 PM, September 17, 2005, Blogger D Nature Organic Health & Beauty said...

What a nice boss u hv 2 allow u guys drive during work! This won't happen in retail i guess.. Else patient sure run away haha!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home